So after our ride into Arusha last wednesday, we had our first TDA foundation bike donation. The TDA foundation donates 1 bike for every full tour rider, with the aim of:
- Giving something back to the people of the areas that the Tour passes through
- Raising consciousness about bicycles as an alternative and sustainable means of transport
To fulfill these objectives the Foundation focuses on three areas
- Donating bikes to individuals and organizations in Africa
- Supporting bicycle advocacy
- Promoting projects that protect the environment.
The TDA Foundation has donated more than 2300 bicycles to more than 70 grassroots organizations and communities in 8 African countries!
Because I like the sound of what the TDA foundation says it does, I have made an additional donation to the foundation. And this first bike donation ceremony showed what the foundation brings about (among other things) 🙂
The bikes donated to One Bike
The guys of One Bike presenting their cause and how they want to realize it…
Proud new bike shop owners, bikes used to collect plastic waste during re-cycle tours